Sunday, March 8, 2015

Curation and Creation

This week I have worked on using the program Symbaloo to curate sites I believe will be helpful to my students.  The internet sites I chose related to the work we do in class.  Some of them are education sites we use on a daily basis, others relate to special projects, and then I added a few that will help my students with their writing experience.


I'm not quite sure how to share this with my students because of the limitations placed on them, but I am going to try sending it to them through Google, then have them add it to their bookmarks bar so they can access it when they want. I will have to try it next week and I will let you know how it turns out.  I might have to try several things before I get success.

I will share the site with my PLC only because they share some of the students, and we are studying the same themes in english, math, and history.

For our next assignment, I want to try a couple of things. First I found a video about animating with Google slides.


I really liked this activity because my students have experience with Slides and this would enhance their knowledge of what they already know.  I'm thinking this would be great to have one of my students create a presentation like this using WWI images and statistics. 

In addition, I want to use the program GoAnimate to make a cartoon video to explain an idea to my students. I'm not sure what they will look right now. Something will come to me over the next week while I'm teaching or driving to and from work.  Sometimes, I just need to relax my brain and ideas will come. One reason I will choose to do make a cartoon animation rather than video tape my image is because I think my students will like it more. Another reason is that I can script it more carefully and control what appears on the video. I think this will be a lot of work and I am not very comfortable with the process right now, especially since I have never done it!  There might be an advantage in giving my students a break from my direct instruction.  Plus it would be great to give them the opportunity to create one of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment