Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Less than two months and school will be out. It is hurry, hurry time as we teachers try to squeeze the most out of our students before their energy wanes and the desire for vacation overwhelms them.  I too desire for summer, but as a responsible adult I need to focus!  And I remind myself frequently....FOCUS.

Good news comes at the end of the year also. Students pass their Exit Exams after struggling multiple times.  The joy they feel is almost as tremendous as the joy I feel!  It is such a spectacular feat for some of my students who are only one step away from giving up and wanting to drop out.  But something tells them to push on and they receive the benefits of their perseverance.  

I really enjoy the rush of the end of school.  Two months will fly by and before I know it I will be starting a new school year with summer school.  It starts the next day after the last day. I know its crazy but I really love the work I do and I enjoy helping my students surpass their own expectations.  Most of them do! 

1 comment:

  1. Year round teaching. . . . you literally teach all year round, no vacation!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete